1. KWL Chart: We will find out what the students know (K) and what they want to know (W). When the project is complete we will fill out what the students have learned (L).
1. Informal Observations: The teacher will monitor, guide, and record the progress of each student. They will use a checklist to help assess the students' understanding and to make sure they keep on task.
Portfolio: The teacher will keep a portfolio of the students' work for an authentic assessment.
2. Students will create a Kidpix slide show on what they learned. (Powerpoint Example)
3. Students will complete task card 6 and match the animals up with their habitats.
4. Students will also apply what they have learned by creating a collaborative presentation about how to help our environment.
Student Sample (Power Point)
|Week 1: Motivation (Video, KWL, Graphic Organizer, Etc.), Task Cards 1 , Introduce Kidpix Elements
|Week 2: Task Cards 2 & 3, Continue practicing with Kidpix
|Week 3: Task Cards 4 & 5, Begin Kidpix Slide Show
|Week 4: Continue with Kidpix Project, Begin Group Projec
|Week 5: Present Projects, Task 6
Possible Extention Activites: Create a digital portfolio by scanning in work, present projects to other classrooms, mail pictures/letters to outside organizations, etc.